The Gibson ES-335TDC Cherry 1964 has a Laminated Maple Semi-Hollow Body, Slim Taper Mahogany Neck, Brazilian Rosewood Fingerboard, Small Block Inlays, Re-fretted, Neck Refinished and Re-bound, Original Pat. No. Pickups with Covers Removed, Incl. Original Black Gibson Case.
Please note: Due to the age, value and requirements of CITES, this guitar is for collection only. Please contact us before purchasing to discuss alternative arrangements.
The serial number of this guitar is 10 away from Eric Clapton's 1964 with serial number #67473 pictured below:
- Has had re-fret.
- Neck refinish with new nut, binding and side dots (most likely this was done as part of the re-fret. Serial number just about visible under new lacquer. You can also see the original neck wear under new lacquer. No signs of neck break.)
- Two holes filled next to neck strap button.
- Original Pat. No. pickups with covers removed.
- Some replaced screws on pickup rings and truss rod cover.
- New 3-way switch tip.
- Original pots and caps (Bumblebee) date to 1964.
- Brand: Gibson
- Model: ES-335TDC
- Colour: Cherry
- Body: Semi-Hollow Laminated Maple / Poplar
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper
- Fingerboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Small Block
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Frets: 22
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: 5-Ply Black
- Tuners: Kluson Deluxe Double-Ring
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic with Stopbar Tailpiece
- Hardware: Nickel
- Pickups: Patent No. with Covers Removed
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3 Way Switch
- No. Of Strings: 6
- Case/Gigbag: Original Black Gibson Hard Case
- Condition: Pre Owned, 1964, VG+