The following terms and conditions apply to online and phone orders, by using this website you agree to the terms as set out on this page. Our terms and conditions for in-store purchases are different and are on display on the shop counter next to the till.
1. PRICES AND PAYMENT
1.1 All prices are shown in British pounds sterling (£, GBP) and are inclusive of 20% VAT, and do not include delivery charges. Delivery charges will be calculated and shown at the checkout depending on your order and location and added to the total.
1.2 Any orders received from outside the UK will have the VAT deducted automatically at the checkout once the delivery address is entered. Please note, this is because you will be liable to pay import duty and tax in your country on arrival. Please read our Delivery Policy for further details.
1.3 The following methods of payment are accepted online: all major credit and debit cards, and finance (UK residents only).
1.4 All credit and debit card data are encrypted and handled securely. We only have access to the last 4 digits of your card number for referencing purposes.
1.5 3D Secure checks are performed on all online card payments and further fraud risk screening may be carried out.
1.6 We also accept bank transfers in GBP. Please contact us at [email protected] for more info.
1.7 Payment, excluding finance payment, should be made in full before we release orders.
1.8 We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.All prices are shown in British pounds sterling (£, GBP) and are inclusive of 20% VAT, and do not include delivery charges. Delivery charges will be calculated and shown at the checkout depending on your order and location and added to the total.
2. PURCHASE OF GOODS
2.1 All orders made through our website are subject to acceptance by us. In the circumstance we refuse your order we will contact you to advise you. We cannot be held liable to any party.
2.2 After submitting an order to us we will send you an order acknowledgement email with your order number and details of the goods that you have ordered. Please note this email is an automated acknowledgement and is not an acceptance of your order.
2.3 If we do not accept an order, a full refund will be processed. The following are examples of why we may refuse to accept an order:
2.3.1 We cannot obtain a successful authorisation from the bank
2.3.2 We suspect fraudulent or unlawful activity
2.3.3 If goods are no longer available
2.4 It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
2.5 We will require a contact number and email address for all orders and these may be used to discuss your order further if we need to speak to you (e.g. to arrange delivery). If your purchase is a secret (either a present or you simply don’t want your partner to know) please specify this when placing the order with us.
2.6 Payment will be taken as soon as an order has been accepted and processed.
3. DELIVERY POLICY
- We use UPS and Royal Mail for all domestic and international deliveries. Third party courier collections are not permitted.
- All items are fully insured. A dispatch confirmation and tracking reference will be sent once the delivery has been shipped. You may track your item here:
Royal Mail: https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item
- All orders received by 2pm (Monday – Friday) will be dispatched that same day.
- Orders placed on or around a UK bank holiday may be subject to delay in delivery. We will endeavour to reflect this with the shipping options available at the checkout or contact you if we are unable to fulfil the delivery date on your order confirmation.
- Delivery charges will be calculated at the checkout depending on the goods purchased and your location. We will occasionally offer special offers on delivery prices (e.g. free UK delivery). If available on your purchase these will be shown at the checkout.
- Whilst we have taken great care in selecting the most reliable courier for our packages, once the package has been collected by UPS we cannot be held responsible for delays in deliveries.
- All orders must be delivered to the customer’s billing address.
- If you happen to be out when UPS come to deliver your parcel, they will leave a card with instructions on how to either re-arrange the delivery for another day or to an alternative address the following day. There is also an option to collect from your local UPS Access Point.
- Some guitars that feature a separate non-fixed bridge will have a thin piece of foam under the bridge to prevent damage to the body or bridge during shipping. This can be easily pulled out and removed once the strings have been loosened. Please note the bridge position will affect the intonation of the guitar so should not be moved back and forth, only lifted to remove the foam. To find out more information on this please feel free to give us a call and our tech will be happy to guide you through the process.
- We aim to keep original packaging and shipping boxes where possible but occasionally we will recycle another branded box if we deem it to be safer and more suitable for transporting that item.
- All UK orders (non-extended areas) received before 2pm (Mon-Fri) will be dispatched that same day for next working-day delivery. You can alternatively choose nominated day delivery in the checkout and choose a specific day (Mon-Fri) or collect from store.
- The post codes below are deemed ‘extended areas’ by UPS (e.g. non-mainland UK, North Scotland and other remote areas) and we need to charge a £20 delivery fee to cover this (we subsidise these orders to the same extent as standard areas). These deliveries will generally take 2 days to arrive and will be confirmed with the tracking information.
AB37 – AB38
AB44 – AB45
AB53 – AB56
CA18 – CA27
HS – All
IM – All
IV9 – IV12
IV14 – IV28
IV30 – IV32
IV40 – IV56
KA27 – KA28
KW – All
LA15 – LA23
PA20 – PA38
PA60 – PA78
PA80 – PA88
PH17 – PH26
PH30 – PH44
PH49 – PH50
TR21 – TR25
ZE – All
INTERNATIONAL & EUROPEAN UNION DELIVERIES
- As of 01 January 2021, rather than pay any tax at the point of purchase, VAT needs to be paid at the point of arrival of goods into your country. All international and EU orders will be UK VAT zero rated, the price shown in the basket has the UK VAT of 20% effectively removed.
- When your order arrives in your country you will be contacted by UPS and it is at this point that you will need to pay the applicable VAT and any duty. UPS have excellent international experience of the process and ensure your delivery is processed efficiently. Please see the table below for each EU country VAT rate*:
*Correct as of January 2021
For other countries please check with your local customs office.
4. RETURNS POLICY
We understand how daunting it can be buying something online without seeing it or trying it first, especially when it comes to rare or valuable guitars. We want to make your shopping experience as comfortable and seamless as possible.
If you receive your order and it is not as you were expecting just let us know within 14 days of receiving your delivery and we will issue you with a returns number. We offer a 14-day hassle-free returns policy for all online and phone orders provided that:
- You notify us that you intend to return the item(s), in writing, within 14 days of receiving your delivery.
- The goods are returned in the same condition they were sold, including all original packaging materials.
- The goods are a normal stock item and have not been specially ordered at the customer’s request.
- A valid receipt or proof of purchase is produced.
- Goods were purchased outright via online or phone order and therefore the customer was unable to try/see the product before committing to a purchase.
The 14-day free returns policy does not apply to purchases made in the shop, please see our terms and conditions at the counter for more information.
If a product is not returned in the same condition, it was sent out in, Guitar Village reserve the right to refund the current resale value.
Delivery charges are non-refundable. You can either organise getting the item back to us at your responsibility (please pack the item safely and organise insurance) or request for us to arrange for a UPS collection, weekdays only between 7am and 7pm and at a minimum cost of £50 which will be deducted from the refund amount.
Once the goods are returned to us and have been inspected, we can either exchange it for an alternative or process a refund. Refunds are usually processed within 1-2 days of receiving the goods back at Guitar Village, however depending on your bank may take up to 30 days.
5. FAULTY & DAMAGED GOODS
- Faulty goods can be returned to Guitar Village within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Any faulty goods returned after this 30-day period will be repaired or replaced under warranty.
- For the duration of the warranty any faults due to manufacturer defect will be repaired at no charge to the customer.
- Faults due to misuse or modification are not covered by any warranty.
- Damaged goods must be notified to Guitar Village within 24 hours of receiving your order and photographs provided of outside packaging, inside packaging and the damaged item.
- Guitar Village will not pay for any faulty item to be independently repaired without our knowledge. All faults should be reported to Guitar Village only in order for the issues to be rectified free of charge.
6.1 New items come with a minimum 12 month warranty against manufacturer defect.
6.2 Some manufacturers offer extended warranties which will be enclosed with the product and will have to be activated by you, the customer.
6.3 Perishable items, such as valves carry a 90-day warranty.
6.4 Products finished using nitro-cellulose lacquer are prone to lacquer checking/cracking and are therefore not covered under warranty. Manufacturers use nitro lacquer to give the best sound due to the “thin skin” which allows the guitar to breath, resonate, and aid in the natural ageing process (which in turn gives a much more desirable sound). The speed of lacquer checking occurring will depend on how the guitar is stored and things like humidity, temperature, and environmental changes will impact this. One guitar could remain un-checked for 50 years, whilst another could check within days. As an example, read Gibson’s warranty policy regarding lacquer checking.
6.5 Pre-owned items come with a 3 month warranty against manufacturer defect.
6.6 When an ex-demonstration/new old stock (‘ex-demo’) model is sold it may not necessarily be in perfect condition and could have had minor repairs, marks, scratches and/or other defects. Customers should check the goods are of a satisfactory condition for their particular use and requirement before purchasing.
6.7 Ex Demo products come with the full minimum 12 month warranty.
7. STOCK LEVELS
7.1 All stock levels on the Guitar Village website are updated in real time or as soon as possible. If a product is listed as being ‘In Stock’, then be assured it is available to purchase for immediate dispatch.
7.2 Stock levels on third-party sites (e.g. Reverb) are closely monitored with our website inventory. If there is a disparity in stock levels it will be in the process of being updated. We recommend checking back later or you can contact us with any concerns.
7.3 Products on our website will be displayed as either ‘In Stock’, ‘Out of Stock’, ‘Currently Unavailable’ (usually a pre-owned or discontinued model) or ‘Pre-Order’.
7.4 Products listed as ‘Pre-Order’ are on backorder with the distributor and not available for immediate dispatch. Delivery times can vary greatly and are dependant on the supplier. We will be happy to pass on any information we have regarding estimated time of delivery.
7.5 Errors may occasionally occur but they are very rare and we will always contact you if a stock error affects your purchase.
8. WEBSITE PHOTOGRAPHY
8.1 One of the many things that separates us from many other online shops is our in-house photography. We have our own photography suite where mid- to high-end guitars are photographed when they are unboxed and checked over in quality control.
8.2 Guitars with their actual images will show “✓ Actual product in photograph(s)” on the product listing.
8.3 We may use library images as a placeholder or for guitars with non-distinct finishes, i.e. solid colours or plain woodgrain.
8.4 We will use the most accurate and highest resolution library images available to us where applicable.
9. PRE-OWNED ITEM CONDITION RATINGS
9.1 We use a simple method of rating the overall condition of pre owned items as we can not describe every individual scratch or ding on every second hand guitar. If the product is used, the product name will say ‘Pre Owned’ then the year of production (if known), followed by a short key/code which will describe the condition of that product.
9.2 Vintage or older guitars will usually be given one of the 3 ‘VG’ condition ratings but for very well maintained older guitars they may be given one of the higher ‘EC’ ratings. This will have the age taken into consideration and not compare to a newer/recent EC rated guitar.
|Mint||10/10||Like new||Super clean and free of any marks|
|EC+||9/10||Excellent condition ‘Plus’||Some very minor signs of use|
|EC||8/10||Excellent condition||Minor signs of use, possibly gigged but well looked after|
|EC-||7/10||Excellent condition ‘Minus’||Moderate signs of use, probably well gigged but still looked after|
|VG+||6/10||Very good ‘Plus’||Moderate to heavy use, usually vintage/older guitars|
|VG||5/10||Very good||Moderate to heavy signs of use, usually vintage guitars|
|VG-||4/10||Very good ‘Minus’||Heavy signs of use, usually vintage guitars|
10. SPECIAL OFFERS
10.1 Guitar Village periodically offer special deals on selected products, online and in the shop. Special offers include discounted ‘mega deals’, extended term finance deals and bundle packages.
10.2 All special offers are subject to change and are strictly whilst stocks last.
11.1 We can take deposits to hold goods for a maximum of 14 days. Please call us on 01252 726821 or email us to find out more/leave a deposit.
11.2 The minimum deposit required is 10% but we may ask for more depending on the price, availability and various other circumstances.
11.3 If items are specially ordered at a customer’s request (for example, a personalised one-off custom shop guitar) we will require a minimum 20% deposit before placing the order.
11.4 All deposits are non-refundable.
12. FINANCE POLICY (UK RESIDENTS ONLY)
- Guitar Village are a licensed credit broker and offer a range of flexible finance options through our retail finance partners V12. You can apply online or in store – it’s quick, easy and most of the time you’ll get an instant decision.
- Finance is available on selected purchases over £280 (£250 is the minimum loan amount after deposit).
- Available finance options will be calculated at the checkout and show the monthly re-payments for each option. Terms are available from 6 to 48 months, with interest rates ranging from 0% to 19.9% APR representative depending on the item.
- Finance options are not available at the checkout on products with a promotional discount, such as Boss Gone Mad Sale ‘Mega Deals’, Summer Sizzler, Black Friday, etc.
- A 10% minimum deposit is required upon acceptance and is the default deposit for all website orders. You can leave up to 50% to keep the monthly re-payments down if you wish (please contact us to find out how to leave a larger finance deposit).
- You have the right to cancel the finance agreement within 14 days of the signature date and return the goods under the distance selling regulations. Should you wish to exercise your right to cancel your finance agreement but keep the products we will require payment in full for the goods.
To apply for finance, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be a UK resident with at least 3 years continual address history.
- You must be in full time employment, unless retired or a house person with a spouse in full time employment.
- You must have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits.
- For mail order, it is mandatory for the goods to be delivered to your home address.
- Goods bought via online finance must be delivered to the address on the finance application. This is used as a security check meaning we cannot accept delivery to an alternative address or collection from store.
- Credit is provided subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply for credit in several different ways:
- Visit our website and add the items you wish to purchase to your basket. On the checkout screen select the finance option at the payment section then follow the application. (The default deposit amount is 10% – please contact us if you wish to increase the deposit.)
- Call us on 01252 726821. Our sales team will discuss the best finance deal for you and email you a customised application to complete online.
- Simply visit our store. Requires photo I.D. (e.g. driving licence or passport)
- Buy the items you want now, all for a low monthly payment.
- Choose a higher-spec guitar for a few pounds more per month.
- You can spread the cost of your purchase to minimise your monthly payments.
- One-stop shopping: no need to go to a bank to secure funding.
- Keep cash for day-to-day expenses.
- Fixed repayments — your payments are fixed for the duration of the agreement allowing you to budget more effectively.
- No penalty for paying off early.
EXAMPLE FINANCE OPTION
Cash Price – £1499.00
Deposit – £149.00
Amount of credit – £1350.00
Payable by 12 monthly instalments of £112.50
Typical APR 0%
Guitar Village is a licensed credit broker of V12 and Take it away loans.
Registered address: Guitar Village, 80-82 West Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7EN.
V12 Retail Finance Limited. Registered in England and Wales 4585692.
Registered Office: One Arleston Way, Solihull, B90 4LH.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
V12 FCA registration number is 594229. 20 Neptune Court, Vanguard Way, Cardiff CF24 5PJ – Tel: 029 2046 8900
13. WEBSITE USAGE
13.1 From time to time we may include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse these websites and we have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
13.2 We use our own dedicated server to ensure the Guitar Village website is available 24/7, but we will not be liable if our website is unavailable at any time due to maintenance, system failure or any other conditions outside our control.
14. THE TRADE
14.1 All items marked as ‘New’ have been purchased by Guitar Village directly from the official manufacturer or their official distribution channels. Guitar Village will never buy new goods from third party suppliers.
14.2 If you would like Guitar Village to become a dealer for your products please email us at [email protected] for more information. Any unsolicited visitors trying to sell their goods at wholesale will be refused.
14.3 Guitar Village occasionally purchase pre-owned guitars from customers on either a full purchase or part exchange basis. If you would like to enquire about trading in your guitar to us please view our Sell Your Guitar page.
15. PIVACY POLICY
- Cookies are used to keep track of the contents of shopping carts.
- Data collected by this site is only used for:
- Taking and fulfilling customer orders, including automatic delivery tracking purposes.
- Administering and enhancing the site and service, including collecting customer reviews through our feedback partner Trustpilot.
- Providing delivery information to UPS for delivery purposes only.
- Newsletter distribution through our mailing list partner Campaign Monitor for participating customers who would like to receive our exclusive newsletters.
- Guitar Village, UPS, Trustpilot and Campaign Monitor will never under any circumstance disclose customer’s information to any other third parties.
17. COMPANY INFORMATION
Our Registered Address:
80-82 West Street
GB 492 7309 22