WANTED – Photography & Warehouse
We are looking for an individual with a passion for guitars and photography, based at the shop in Farnham 5 days a week, to join our GV team. The individual will also be working alongside our current staff members taking on various roles throughout the week.
Duties will include:
- Shooting, editing and uploading photographs to the website and maintaining website listings
- General warehouse duties
- Receiving new deliveries in the warehouse
- Inspecting for quality and maintaining our high QC standards
- Picking and packing online orders for dispatch
- General sales
Skills you must have:
- Photography experience including working knowledge of camera equipment and editing software
- A high level of IT literacy
- Good in-depth knowledge of guitar manufacturers, models and guitar history
- Good organisational skills and ability to multitask
- Able to adapt to a fast pace of working, often taking on various different changing roles throughout the day
Skills that would be of benefit:
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Capture One and image editing techniques
- Previous warehouse or retail experience
- Be able to play guitar to a satisfactory standard and feel comfortable demonstrating key features to others
- Knowledge of shop facilities (EPOS/Card Terminal)
Working days to be discussed. Salary commensurate with experience.
If you think you are the right person for the job send in a CV with a cover note explaining your experience and what skills you would bring to Guitar Village.
The staff at Guitar Village all play guitar (a necessity to work here unlike some guitar shops!) and have an extensive in-depth knowledge and ability to guide customers to the right guitar. We also fully understand how intimidating guitar shops can be so all our staff are sensitive enough to give the guitar player enough privacy to feel at one with the guitar, which is especially important when assisting new and younger players. Please send your CV with a covering note outlining your experience and the skills you can bring to the Guitar Village team.