WANTED – Full-Time Admin/Website Person
With the shop constantly getting busier and online traffic increasing we are looking for an individual with an in-depth knowledge of all things guitar, based at the shop in Farnham 5 days a week, to work alongside our current warehouse/shop staff. The individual will also be working as part of a team taking on various different roles throughout the week.
Duties will include:
- Stock Control
– Creating and maintaining web listings
– Managing stock reports
– Handling invoices and trade correspondence
– Maintaining and updating website content
– Image editing and digital marketing
– Blog writing
– Answering email enquiries
– Social media
- Online sales
– Processing online orders, payments and shipping.
Skills you must have:
- Previous retail experience and high IT literacy
- Be able to play guitar to a satisfactory standard and feel comfortable demonstrating key features to others
- Able to adapt to a fast pace of working, often taking on various different changing roles throughout the day
- Good in-depth knowledge of guitar manufacturers, models and guitar history
Skills that would be of benefit:
- Photography experience including Photoshop
- Knowledge of shop facilities (EPOS/Card Terminal)
The staff at Guitar Village all play guitar (a necessity to work here unlike some guitar shop salesmen!) and have an extensive in-depth knowledge and ability to guide customers to the right guitar. We also fully understand how intimidating guitar shops can be so all our staff are sensitive enough to give the guitar player enough privacy to feel at one with the guitar, which is especially important when assisting new younger players. If you think you are the right sort of person to join our team send in a CV with a cover note explaining your experience and why we should employ you.