The Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab 1964 SG Standard Reissue w/Maestro Vibrola Pelham Blue Light Aged has a 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany Body, Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape Solid Mahogany Neck, Indian Rosewood Fingerboard w/12" Radius, ABR-1 Bridge w/Maestro Vibrola Tailpiece, Kluson Single Line, Double Ring Tuners, Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted) Pickups, Incl. Hard Case & COA.
The Choice of Legends
Regardless of the fact that George Harrison and Eric Clapton rocked a '64 SG™ Standard, that model year was clearly a standout for SGs in general. The clunky side-pull vibrato had been replaced by the dependable Maestro Vibrola. The neck profiles had increased in size, resembling the profile found on 1959 Les Pauls™. And the balance, playability and look of the SG seemed to come into its own. For all those reasons, the Gibson Custom Shop is proud to present the newest member of the Historic Reissue family -- the 1964 SG Standard Reissue. Along with the Maestro™ Vibrola and chunky neck profile, it has all the hyper-accurate vintage specs one could possibly want -- original construction methods, chemically-recreated plastics, replica electronics, and more. The result is perhaps the best looking, feeling and sounding SG Reissue yet. It also features Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab. The Murphy Lab Light Aged finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of natural play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original example from the Gibson Golden Era.
- Brand: Gibson
- Model: Custom Shop Murphy Lab 1964 SG Standard Reissue w/Maestro Vibrola
- Colour: Pelham Blue Light Aged
- SKU: SGSR64LAAPBNM1
- Body: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Neck: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Inlays: Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Frets: 22, Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Pickguard: Black Multi-Ply
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Bridge: ABR-1 w/Maestro Vibrola
- Hardware: Nickel
- Pickups: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Black Beauty Capacitors
- No. Of Strings: 6
- Case/Gigbag: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity
- Condition: New