The Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Masterbuilt (Todd Krause) Michael Landau Coma Stratocaster Relic has a 2-Piece Select Alder Body, 60s Oval "C" Maple Neck, Flat-Laminated Rosewood Fingerboard, ClassicGear Tuners, Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Tremolo Bridge, HSS Pickup Configuration, Custom ML CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucker Bridge Pickup, Custom ML Ultra Noiseless Single-Coil Strat Neck & Middle Pickup, Incl. Deluxe Hardshell Case.
Limited to only 60 worldwide!
World-renowned session ace Michael Landau has played on hundreds of albums since the early 1980s, with artists as varied as Joni Mitchell, Pink Floyd, Michael Jackson, Miles Davis, James Taylor, B.B. King, and Rod Stewart, to name only a few. He has also fronted several bands, including the Raging Honkies, Burning Water and, more recently, Renegade Creation with Robben Ford. With his own group, he continues to raise the bar in electric jazz, instrumental and rock guitar.
For decades, Michael’s go-to guitar was his 1959 Stratocaster which became affectionately known as “Coma.” This guitar has evolved along with his playing style, morphing from a Floyd Rose equipped super Strat with an on-board boost circuit to its current state as an HSS model with custom-voiced Noiseless Strat pickups and a custom Wide Range Humbucker. The beautifully worn red-stained alder body tells the tale of a well-loved guitar that’s seen countless studios and stages across the world, marked with faded hand-drawn artwork and tattered stickers.
Custom Shop Masterbuilder Todd Krause and Michael partnered to build a limited run of this prized Stratocaster, capturing the wear from years of use and every scar from previous modifications—including Michael’s hand-drawn “COMA” on the body in permanent marker just as he had done years ago.
Additional features include: ‘60s Oval “C” Neck Back-Shape; 7.25” Radius; 21 Narrow Tall (55095) Frets; Vol/Tone/Tone Wiring with 5-Way Switch; ClassicGear Tuning Machines; Bone Nut; Single Butterfly String Tree; Deluxe Hardshell Case; “Coma” Strap; Certificate of Authenticity, “the Story of Coma” booklet written by Michael himself.
The Michael Landau “Coma” Stratocaster is the latest instalment in our Stories Collection, highlighting cult-favourite Fender instruments that have been modified in the hands of legendary artists.
- Brand : Fender Custom Shop
- Model : Limited Edition Masterbuilt (Todd Krause) Michael Landau Coma Stratocaster Relic
- Colour : Coma Red
- Finish : Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- SKU : 921-6095-187
- Body : 2-Piece Select Alder
- Neck : Maple
- Neck Profile : 60s Oval "C"
- Fingerboard : Flat-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays : Mother of Pearl, 0.28" (7 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius : 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Nut Width : 1.650" (42 mm)
- Nut Material : Bone
- Scale Length : 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Frets : 21 Narrow Tall
- Pickguard : 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Tuners : ClassicGear
- Bridge : Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware : Nickel/Chrome
- Pickup Configuration : HSS
- Bridge Pickup : Custom ML CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucker
- Neck & Middle Pickup : Custom ML Ultra Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Controls : Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup), 5-Position Blade Switch
- No. of Strings : 6 (.010-.046)
- Case/Gigbag : Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Accessories : Certificate of Authenticity, “Coma” Strap, “the Story of Coma” booklet written by Michael himself
- Condition : New