The Fender American Vintage II 1966 Jazzmaster has an Alder Body, 1966 C Maple Neck, Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood Fingerboard, Pure Vintage Single Line Fender Deluxe Tuners, Pure Vintage Jazzmaster Bridge, 2 x Pure Vintage '66 Single Coils, Incl. Hard Case.
Ex Demo: Slight marking across back of guitar and small dent on the bass side.
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The Jazzmaster® was originally advertised as a guitar that contained “all the well-known Fender developments,” where “every convenience is provided.” Intended to provide a luxury playing experience and tempt jazz guitarists into playing solidbody electric guitars, this futuristic and comfort-contoured offset is about as far from a boxy archtop as can be imagined. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the guitar failed to catch on with the jazz crowd, but instead gained early acceptance with ‘60s surf, and later, indie-rock, alternative, and even country players.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazzmaster features a comfortable “C” shape maple neck that plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1966, this guitar is offered with white neck binding, pearl blocks, single-line “Fender Deluxe” tuners and matching painted headstock (on custom colors only). The patented “floating” tremolo, adjustable bridge with threaded saddles and Pure Vintage ‘66 Jazzmaster pickups, wired to the signature rhythm and lead circuits, deliver classic tone and authentic Fender feel.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- Brand : Fender
- Model : American Vintage II 1966 Jazzmaster
- Colour : Dakota Red
- Finish : Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- SKU : 011-0340-854
- Body Shape : Jazzmaster
- Body : Alder
- Neck : Maple
- Neck Profile : 1966 "C"
- Fingerboard : Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays : Pearloid Block
- Fingerboard Radius : 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Nut Width : 1.650" (42 mm)
- Nut Material : Bone
- Scale Length : 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Frets : 21 Vintage Tall
- Pickguard : 3-Ply Parchment
- Tuners : Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Bridge : Pure Vintage Jazzmaster® with Threaded Steel Barrel Saddles
- Tailpiece : Pure Vintage Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Hardware : Nickel/Chrome
- Pickups : 2 x Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Controls : Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Master Volume, Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone, 3-Position Toggle (Lead Circuit), 2-Position On/Off Slide Switch for Switching Between "Lead" and "Rhythm" Circuits
- No. of Strings : 6
- Case/Gigbag : Vintage-Style Black (Orange Interior)
- Condition : Ex-Demo