The Gretsch G6131-MY Malcolm Young Signature Jet has a Maple Top, Chambered Mahogany Body, Standard "U" Mahogany Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, Schaller Diecast Tuners, Space Control Bridge, TV Jones Power'Tron Bridge Pickup, Incl. Hard Case.
Gretsch honors the late Malcolm Young, whose rock-solid rhythm guitar swagger and songwriting provided the unshakable foundation for monumental rock titans AC/DC.
The G6131-MY pays homage to Young’s famously battle-hardened Gretsch Jet. Nicknamed “The Beast,” Malcolm certainly made the instrument his own, not least by removing two of the three pickups, stripping away the finish, and pounding out some of the hardest and most memorable rhythms the world has heard.
This models features the essential hallmarks of one of rock’s most iconic instruments including “DIY” pickup routes with simulated screw holes, chrome switch plugs, Space-Control bridge and ‘60s-style tailpiece. Open-cavity thunder roars from the thin-skin satin finished chambered mahogany body and is magnified by a high-output TV Jones Power’Tron pickup.
Malcolm Young’s fiery rock ‘n’ roll spirit lives on through AC/DC’s enduringly timeless music, and it is Gretsch’s great privilege to pay fitting tribute to him with a finely crafted instrument bearing his name.
- “DIY” pickup routes with simulated screw holes
- Chrome switch plugs
- TV Jones Power’Tron bridge pickup
- Double-cutaway chambered mahogany body with maple top
- Aged-white binding
- Bound ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and Neo-Classic thumbnails
- Gretsch '60s Jet tailpiece
- Space-Control bridge, bone nut and Schaller die-cast tuners
- Available in Aged Natural stain with black back and sides
- Thin-skin semi-gloss finish for a true “tour-worn” feel
- Brand : Gretsch
- Model : G6131-MY Malcolm Young Signature Jet
- Colour : Natural
- Finish : Semi-Gloss
- SKU : 241-1916-821
- Body Shape : Jet
- Top : Maple
- Body : Chambered Mahogany
- Binding : Aged White
- Neck : Mahogany
- Neck Profile : Standard "U"
- Fingerboard : Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlays : Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail
- Fingerboard Radius : 12" (305 mm)
- Nut Width : 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Nut Material : Bone
- Scale Length : 24.6" (625 mm)
- Frets : 22 Jumbo
- Tuners : Schaller Diecast
- Bridge : Space Control
- Tailpiece : Gretsch '60s Jet Vibrato
- Hardware : Nickel
- Bridge Pickup : TV Jones Power'Tron
- Controls : Volume 1, Master Volume, Master Tone
- No. of Strings : 6
- Case/Gigbag : Hard Case
- Condition : New