The Gibson ES-330TDC Cherry 1962 has a Fully Hollow Laminated Maple/Poplar Body, Slim Mahogany Neck, Brazilian Rosewood Fingerboard, Replacement Bone Nut, 2 P90 Pickups, Incl. Original Hard Case (Gibson amp handle fitted).
Please note: Due to the age, value and requirements of CITES, this guitar is for collection only. Please contact us before purchasing to discuss alternative arrangements.
This 1962 ES-330 in cherry comes from a collection that has been with the previous owner for over 30 years. The serial number of the guitar dates it to early 1962, this makes it the last year Gibson were producing this model with dot inlays. The fingerboard is made from coveted Brazilian rosewood and is sold with the appropriate CITES documents. As to be expected for an instrument of this age there have been a few modifications over the years, a strap button has been fitted near the neck heel, there is evidence a Bigsby tremolo was fitted to the guitar and since removed and there is a replacement bone nut. We are unable to distinguish the pot codes but the original wiring seems untouched with the correct Bumblebee capacitors. This guitar comes with the original case that has had the handle replaced with a Gibson amp handle.
Guitar Features Summary:
- Serial number dates to early 1962.
- Strap button fitted near neck heel.
- Evidence that a Bigsby tremolo has been fitted and removed.
- Replacement bone nut.
- Cannot read pot codes but there is original wiring, untouched with correct Bumblebee caps.
- Brand: Gibson
- Model: ES-330TDC
- Colour: Cherry
- Body: Fully Hollow Laminated Maple/Poplar
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper
- Fingerboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Frets: 22
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: Black 5-ply
- Tuners: Kluson Deluxe White Button
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Trapeze
- Hardware: Nickel
- Pickups: 2 x P90
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way Switch
- No. Of Strings: 6
- Case/Gigbag: Original Hard Case with Gibson Amp Handle Fitted
- Condition: Pre Owned, 1962, VG+