The Gibson Custom Shop Kirk Hammett "Greeny" 1959 Les Paul Standard has a Figured Maple Top, Lightweight Mahogany Body, Custom Greeny Profile Mahogany Neck, 1 Piece Indian Rosewood Fingerboard, Sperzel Tuners, ABR-1 Bridge, Custom Greeny Bucker Alnico 2 Magnet Bridge Pickup, Custom Greeny Bucker with Flipped Alnico 2 Magnet; Reverse Mounted Neck Pickup, Incl. Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case.
Three Legendary Guitarists, One Legendary Guitar
Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson's legacy through accuracy, authenticity, and attention to detail.
The story of “Greeny” is shrouded in mystery, but few guitars are as illustrious. Greeny is one of the most iconic original Les Paul Standards ever made, with a unique sound as recognizable as the guitar itself. Previously owned by Peter Green, it was used throughout his time with Fleetwood Mac and later sold to Gary Moore, who used it for three decades with Thin Lizzy and as a solo artist. Now owned by Kirk Hammett, Greeny has passed through the hands of three legendary guitarists. Its distinctive sound is partly from the out-of-phase middle switch position due to the neck pickup’s reversed magnetic polarity. The Kirk Hammett "Greeny" 1959 Les Paul Standard from the Gibson Custom Shop is artfully aged to match the original by the Murphy Lab and was inspired by this legendary guitar. With its Indian rosewood fretboard, it gives players around the world the opportunity to experience some of the magic of "Greeny" for themselves. A brown/pink Lifton™ reissue 5-latch case is also included.
The Legend of “Greeny”
The 1959 Les Paul Standard known as “Greeny” is one of the most storied instruments ever made, with a unique sound as recognizable as the guitar itself. Untold millions have heard its tone on stage or in the studio, played by a trio of famous owners: Fleetwood Mac guitarist Peter Green, Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore, and Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett.
Ask a guitar fanatic what the number 9 2208 refers to, and they know right away, it’s Greeny. No other guitar has earned legendary status like this magical 1959 Les Paul Standard. The Custom Shop is proud to honor this legacy and bring this magic to more players with the global launch of the Kirk Hammett “Greeny” 1959 Les Paul Standard featuring Indian rosewood and Murphy Lab aging.
- Brand : Gibson Custom Shop
- Model : Kirk Hammett "Greeny" 1959 Les Paul Standard
- Colour : Murphy Lab Aged Greeny Burst
- Finish : Murphy Lab Aged Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape : Les Paul
- Top : Figured Maple
- Body : Lightweight Mahogany
- Neck : Mahogany
- Neck Profile : Custom Greeny Profile
- Fingerboard : 1 Piece Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays : Reissue Trapezoid
- Fingerboard Radius : 304.8 mm / 12 in
- Nut Width : 42.86 mm / 1.687 in
- Nut Material : Nylon
- Scale Length : 628.65 mm / 24.75 in
- Frets : 22 Medium Jumbo
- Tuners : Sperzel
- Bridge : ABR-1
- Tailpiece : Lightweight Nickel Stop Bar
- Hardware : Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge Pickup : Custom Greeny Bucker Alnico 2 Magnet
- Neck Pickup : Custom Greeny Bucker with Flipped Alnico 2 Magnet; Reverse Mounted
- Controls : 2 Volume, 2 Tone; Vintage Audio Taper Potentiometers, Hand-wired with Bumblebee Capacitors, 3-way Switchcraft
- No. of Strings : 6
- Case/Gigbag : Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case
- Accessories : Certificate of Authenticity, Gibson Custom Shop Switch Plate Medallion
- Condition : New