The Fender Masterbuilt Robbie Robertson Last Waltz Strat has a 2pc Select Ash Body, Rift Sawn Maple Neck, 1954 "V" Profile, Handwound '69 (B), LH 50's (M) & '54 (N) Single-Coils, Incl. Case & COA
ONLY 3 IN THE UK! ONLY 40 WORLDWIDE!
We at Guitar Village are proud to announce, that we will be one of 3 shops in the UK to receive this highly collectable and rare guitar. With only 40 available worldwide, this Strat is going to lead the way in Custom Shop's most prestigious instruments to date. Luthier extraordinaire Todd Krause has taken the iconic bronze Strat of The Band's Robbie Robertson, and studied it relentlessly to recreate this one of a kind beauty.
Robbie took his old '58 Strat and modified it to suit his personal tastes, whilst suiting his individual playing style. The most notable feature of this guitar is it's body finish, which was controversially obtained by dipping into liquid bronze. This resulted in a thin bronze skin, allowing the wood grain to show through without tarnishing the guitars tone in any way.
Many consider Robbie's Strat to be one of the first "HS" Strats, which was thought up entirely by himself. He often found that the middle pick up got in the way of his picking, which is why he usually opted for a Telecaster. He removed the middle pickup and swapped it out for a left-handed single-coil, then re-positioned it next to the bridge pickup. This in turn acted as a humbucker, and resulted in the popular "HS" pickup configuration.
The guitar was famously pictured in Martin Scorsese's rockumentary "The Last Waltz", which is largely considered one of the greatest concert films of all time."The Last Waltz" was dubbed as the The Band's last ever show, and featured dozens of high profile musical guests. Two years later, the Scorsese directed documentary was released, capturing all of the concerts magic with interviews and added studio footage.
Fender Masterbuilder Todd Krause has recreated this iconic Strat, and built a replica to match it as it was in the "The Last Waltz". Every element has been replicated as accurately as humanly possible, be it the wear beneath the neck, or the tone capacitors and knobs to the same tension as the original.
- Brand: Fender
- Model: Custom Shop Masterbuilt (Todd Krause) Robbie Robertson Last Waltz Stratocaster
- Colour: Bronze
- Body Finish: Special Process Bronze Finish
- Body: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Neck: Maple Rift Sawn
- Neck Profile: 1954 “V”
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Maple
- Fingerboard Inlays: Micarta Black
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm) - Bone
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Frets: 21 Vintage-Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Tuners: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickups: Custom Shop Handwound '69 Strat (Bridge) Custom Shop Handwound LH '50s Strat (Middle) Custom Shop Handwound '54 Strat (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Middle and Bridge, Position 2. All Three, Position 3. Neck
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Vintage White Relic®
- No. Of Strings: 6
- Case/Gigbag: Deluxe Hardshell G&G Tweed Case
- Included Accessories: Special Last Waltz Added Value Kit, Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Condition: New
Any order placed before 2pm (Mon-Fri) will be despatched that same day. We use UPS so it’s fully tracked and insured and you can follow your shipment online every step of the way.
UK Delivery > Free, next day service as standard. Nominated day and Saturday delivery services also available.
International Delivery > Worldwide shipping prices are calculated at the checkout. Fully insured and tracked via UPS.
No hassle returns
We know how much of a gamble it can be purchasing a guitar online without trying it first. That’s why if you receive your order and it’s not as you expected, just let us know within 14 working days and we will have it collected by UPS.
Once back we will refund or exchange the item if preferred. Online only.
Fully setup & triple checked quality control
We have 2 in-house guitar technicians here at Guitar Village, so that means all guitars in stock are constantly checked and maintained by one of our techs for optimum playability.
As soon as a guitar is sold it will be fully setup to ensure it’s playing just as you like right out of the box. It will then go through a 19-point inspection checklist and is then checked again by 3 more members of staff in quality control (so that means every guitar is actually checked 76 times!) Let us know any preferred setup requirements and we will be happy to oblige!
All new products come with a 12 month warranty as standard. Some products will come with an extended manufacturer’s warranty - these will be included with the product and will usually need to be activated after purchase. Ex Demo products will also come with a 12 month warranty. Pre-owned products come with a 3 month warranty.
Real time stock levels
Fed up with websites advertising guitar that they don’t actually have? So are we! The Guitar Village website is updated in Real Time, so that means the second we sell out of a guitar the website will say ‘out of stock’. If it says ‘In Stock’ the rest assured we do actually have it in stock and ready to go!
Actual image photography
One of the many things that separates us from the majority of other shops is we photograph each individual guitar in stock for the website*.
We have our own photo booth where all guitars are photographed when they are unboxed, checked over and weighed in quality control.
Any guitar with a figured finish or unique colour will have its own individual image. If we sell one of these guitars and have more than 1 in stock the “actual guitar in photographs” tick box will be removed, and the image will be replaced with the next correct guitar. br abbr * | Any guitar priced under £999 with an opaque/bloc finish, or lightly figured woods (non heavily figured) may have an example image of the guitar, although still photographed by ourselves, but this will be made clear on the listing.
Click & collect
Don’t fancy the painful wait at home for the courier to deliver your new toy?
If you’re not a million miles away why don’t you come in and collect it from the shop? all you need to do it select Click & Collect at the checkout, pay in full online then pop in with the card you sed, along with some photo ID* and you can take it away right then and there!
*Photo ID must be a valid passport or drivers license.
Ex Demo/New Old Stock Products
Occasionally we list items as ‘Ex Demo’ or ‘New Old Stock’. These are new but may not necessarily be in perfect condition and could have had minor repairs, marks, scratches and/or other defects.
These will be fully described and discounted accordingly.
At Guitar Village we're commited to offering you the very best shopping experience possible. We strive to provide you with an unmatched choice of guitars as well as our award winning friendly customer service, combined with the best prices in the UK. Occasionally the odd price pops up a little cheaper somewhere else, so we don't want any of our customers to ever have to decide between this high level of service and a lower price, so we will match any genuine price and even throw in a free gift!
To qualify for a price match it must be:
- From an official authorised dealer,
- Identical to the product we are selling (model, colour, specs),
- In stock and ready to ship,
- Clearly advertised at the cheaper price on their website (not a personal call price),
- An outright purchase price, not including finance, part exchange or any other offer.
- Usually these cheaper prices are offered by online-only warehouse retailers with little overheads and a "stack 'em high, sell 'em cheap" philosophy, sacrificing the customer service that's essential to back-up any purchase.
When you buy from Guitar Village you can rest assured that your item will be:
- In stock if the website says it is,
- Guitars fully setup to any given requirements by one of our full time in-house guitar techs prior to dispatch,
- Triple checked through our extensive quality control,
- Safely and securely packaged, then dispatched using UPS - fully tracked and insured,
- Full after-sales customer support.