The Guild GSR D-55 70th Anniversary Limited has a Solid Adirondack Spruce Top, Solid Madagascar Rosewood Back & Sides, C Shape Mahogany with Walnut Center Strip Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, Gotoh SE700 Open-Gear Tuners, Ebony Bridge, Incl. Hard Case.
First introduced in 1968 as a special-order top-of-the-line model, the D-55 was so well-received Guild added it into the regular production line by 1974. Famously played by Tommy Smothers on the Smothers Brothers Show in the late 1960s, the D-55 grew in both popularity and longevity over the decades. The Guild Special Run (GSR) D-55 70th Anniversary Limited is an ultra-collectible special edition of the company’s flagship dreadnought, packing premium features into a limited 70-piece run overseen by Guild Master Luthier Chuck Sanzone.
The GSR D-55 70th Anniversary Limited showcases Guild’s most recognizable headstock, fully bound and featuring mother-of-pearl Guild Peak and G-shield inlays over an exotic Madagascar Rosewood face. The top features an ornate Abalone rosette and matching purfling inlay and is crafted from aged Adirondack Spruce with hand-scalloped Adirondack spruce braces.
Exotic Madagascar Rosewood has been used for the back and sides, adding figured grain lines across the body and the entire hand build has been done using traditional hide glue. A fully bound Ebony fingerboard pairs with a mahogany neck and beautiful Walnut center seam strip. It is inlayed with Guild’s iconic Abalone/Pearl V-blocks and a commemorative “Winged G” at the 12th fret.
Additional features include gold Gotoh open-gear tuners, Evo gold frets and a dovetail neck joint. A hand-sprayed gloss nitrocellulose finish provides minimum thickness and maximum resonance. Each guitar includes a specially numbered and signed certificate of authenticity, a soundhole cut-out hand signed by the Guild USA build team and ships in Guild’s premium humidified hard-shell case. Limited to 70 pcs worldwide to commemorate Guild’s 70th anniversary, 1953-2023.
- Brand : Guild
- Model : GSR D-55 70th Anniversary Limited
- Colour : Natural
- Finish : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape : Dreadnought
- Top : Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Bracing Pattern : Scalloped X
- Back & Sides : Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Binding : White ABS
- Purfling : Black and White ABS
- Rosette : Abalone and ABS Ring
- Neck : Mahogany with Walnut Center Strip
- Neck Profile : C Shape
- Fingerboard : Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlays : V-Blocks & Winged "G" 12th Fret Inlay - Mother-Of-Pearl and Abalone
- Fingerboard Radius : 12" (305mm)
- Nut Width : 1 11/16" (43mm)
- Nut & Saddle Material : Bone
- Scale Length : 25 5/8" (651mm)
- Frets : 20 x Jescar 43080 Evo Gold
- Pickguard : Tortoiseshell
- Tuners : Gotoh SE700 Open-Gear
- Bridge : Ebony
- Bridge Pins : Bone
- Hardware : Gold
- No. of Strings : 6
- Case/Gigbag : Guild Premium Humidified Archtop Wood Case
- Condition : New