The Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab 1959 ES-355 has a 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple Top, 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple Back & Sides, Solid Maple Centre Block, Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape Solid Mahogany Neck, Solid Ebony Fingerboard, Grover Tuners, ABR-1 Bridge w/Lightweight Aluminium Stop Bar, 2 x Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted), Incl. COA & Original Hard Case.
What could be better than the legendary ES-335? The ES-355! The ES-355 starts with all the features that make the ES-335 iconic - the feedback-resistant semi-hollowbody construction, the two humbucking pickups with individual volume and tone controls, the legendary sonic versatility and exceptional playability - and kicks it into overdrive with an ebony fretboard that's adorned with 50s pattern mother of pearl block inlays and 22 authentic medium jumbo frets. A split diamond headstock inlay, multi-ply binding, and gold hardware further reinforce the fact that the ES-355 is the top of the line ES™ model. This expertly crafted Custom Shop rendition's attention to detail makes it an outstanding recreation of the legendary and highly-prized 1959 ES-355. A five latch Lifton™ case is also included. It also features Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab. The Murphy Lab Light Aged finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of natural play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original example from the Gibson Golden Era.
- Brand: Gibson Custom Shop Murphy Lab
- Model: 1959 ES-355
- Colour: Watermelon Red Light Age
- SKU: 59ES355LAWMGH1
- Top: 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Back : 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Sides: 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Neck: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape
- Fingerboard: Solid Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlays: 1950s Pattern Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Frets: 22 Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Binding: Multi-ply
- Pickguard: Multi-Ply Bound Celluloid
- Tuners: Grover Kidney Machine Heads
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Hardware: Gold; Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Pickups: 2 x Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors, 3-Way Switchcraft Pickup Selector
- No. Of Strings: 6
- Case/Gigbag: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity
- Condition: Pre Owned, 2022, EC+