The Fender American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass has an Alder Body, 1966 U Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, Pure Vintage "Lollipop" Tuners, Pure Vintage 4 Saddle Bridge, Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coils, Incl. Hard Case.
The Fender American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
When Don Randall at Fender Sales requested a more sophisticated, high-end bass model, the now iconic Jazz Bass was the result. The neck was narrower at the nut, providing a faster and more effortless feel and the sleek new body style mirrored the offset contoured style of the Jazzmaster. By 1966, evolution of the instrument reached new heights with striking new features.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass features a comfortable “U” shape hard rock maple neck, and it plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1966, this J-Bass is offered with white neck binding, pearl dots, two volume controls with master tone, matching painted headstock and 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard. The 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles, vintage-style “lollipop” tuners and Pure Vintage ‘66 Jazz Bass pickups deliver classic thump and style.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- Brand : Fender
- Model : American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass
- Colour : 3 Colour Sunburst
- Finish : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- SKU : 019-0170-800
- Body Shape : Jazz Bass
- Body : Alder
- Neck : Maple
- Neck Profile : 1966 "U"
- Fingerboard : Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays : White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- Fingerboard Radius : 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Nut Width : 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Nut Material : Bone
- Scale Length : 34" (86.36 cm)
- Frets : 20 Vintage Tall
- Pickguard : 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Tuners : Pure Vintage ‘Lollipop’
- Bridge : Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware : Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge Pickup : Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup : Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls : Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- No. of Strings : 4
- Case/Gigbag : Vintage-Style Black Hard Case (Orange Interior)
- Condition : New