The Fender Custom Shop Journeyman Relic Postmodern Stratocaster may not be as eye-catching as previous Guitars of the Month but for players who spend hours each day strapped to a trusty axe, this guitar is quite possibly the holy grail!
Everything about this guitar is designed from the player’s point of view. From the lightweight ash body and neck shape to the worn-in finish and heel contour, the Journeyman Relic Postmodern Strat really is a player’s dream!
With so many different models of Strat available today, it can often be a challenge finding one that ticks all the boxes in terms of sound, playability and looks. The Journeyman Relic Postmodern does exactly that, bringing together many of the best features from the entire Stratocaster range. The 60s Oval C shape Quartersawn maple neck is very comfortable and incredibly easy to play, the compound-radius (9.5”-12”) fingerboard feels very fast, whilst the handwound ‘Ancho Poblana’ single coil pickups, aptly named after a particularly hot chilli pepper, deliver an equally hot and punchy sound!
- Lightweight Ash Body
- Quartersawn Maple, 60s Oval “C” shape Neck
- Rosewood, 9.5″ to 12″ Compound Radius (241mm-305mm) Fingerboard
- 1.650″ (42 mm), Bone Nut
- 25.5″ (648 mm) Scale length
- 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- 3-Ply Parchment Pickguard
- Vintage-Style Staggered Tuners
- 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo Bridge
- Custom Shop Handwound Ancho Poblano Single-Coil Strat Pickups